Marianne Huval is an experienced manager and marketing professional with a diverse background in campaign advertising, targeted marketing projects and Internet advertising and sales.
From 1987 through 1995, she was the Advertising Manager of United Investment Corporation, handling many aspects of advertising for 18 finance offices in a tri-parish area.
From 1995 through 1998, she was the Advertising Director of WickNet, the online division of Wick Communications, where she oversaw implementation and management of 23 online newspapers, their client base website design, banner advertising, and new product development.
In the following two years she worked at Nola.com and MardiGras.com, (two of thirteen Internet divisions of Advance Publications) handling local and national ad sales and marketing projects.
Huval is currently the president of her own consulting and design firm, New Directives. She has spoken to the following organizations for educational training or at conferences:
- Arizona Newspaper Association(ANA)
- New Orleans Chapter of the Federal Bar Association(NOFBA)
- Southern Newspaper Publishers Association (SNPA)
- Louisiana Industrial Development and Education Association(LIDEA)
- Mississippi Press Association (MPA) - Online Newspaper Strategies
- Mississippi Hospital Association (MHA) - How to Use the Web in Business
- Manufacturing Extension Partnership of LA (MEPOL)
- Southeastern Louisiana University (Covington Campus) - Using Email Effectively in Business
- National Association of Women in Construction (NAWIC) - Why Do I Need a Website?
- West St. Tammany Chamber of Commerce - Email Virus Protection
- Covington Business Association (CBA) Using Social Media in Business
Over time she has worked with a diverse group of newspapers and government bodies on various Internet consulting projects - The New York Times Regional News Group, Western Newspapers, Inc., Community Newspaper Holdings, Inc., Wick Communications, St. Tammany Registrar of Voters and various officials and employees in the St. Tammany Parish Government.